Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Random 20 Meme

All right, it's a slow Friday and I'm bored.

Let's do this meme we haven't done in a while!

Here's the first lines from 20 songs that Windows Media Player spat out when I asked for a random playlist. I'm skipping classical and pseudo-classical pieces that don't have words. Try to name 'em in comments!

1. I am he as you are me and we are all together.

2. Avalanche or roadblock.

3. Stop and get me on the ride up.

4. I'm always thinkin' 'bout it/Don't know what I'd do without it.

5. There was a wealthy merchant, in London he did dwell.

6. Lily is dancing on the table.

7. You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last.

8. Well I wake up in the morning, there's frogs inside my socks.

9. There was a lady in Scotland, she'd fallen in love with an Englishman.

10. Beyond the dreaming place, I watched from the darkness.

11. Well I learned the trade from Piggy Knowles.

12. Never was a cornflake girl/Thought that was a good solution.

13. Black cellphane sky at midnight/Big blue moon with three gold rings.

14. As it fell out upon one day, rich Dives he made a feast.

15. Long lost words whisper slowly to me.

16. Love sees love's happiness/But happiness can't see that love is sad.

17. High water risin' -- risin' night and day/All the gold and silver being stolen away.

18. The broken glass/And the rusty nails/Where the violets grow/Say goodbye to the railroad/And the mad dogs of summer/And everything that I know. [1]

19. I've seen love go by my door/Never been this close before/Never been so easy, or so slow.

20. Oh, take care of all my children/Don't let them wander and roam.

[1] The first two lines here are so unpleasant that I thought we could maybe handle a little more.

Leave your guesses in comments!

No comments: