Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman

Paul Newman, as you may have already heard, has died at the age of 83, and I have found the End of the Internet.

A couple days ago, I was thinking about the movie Mr. & Mrs. Bridge, which was a conflation of a couple of books by Evan S. Connell starring Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, who are actually married and have been since 1958. I thought a fitting tribute to Mr. Newman would be a clip from this film.

Unfortunately, none seem to exist. YouTube has only a compilation of scenes featuring another actor (Robert Scott Leonard), Vimeo hasn't heard of it, and Hulu sent me to a TVLand website with a trailer that I couldn't embed.

I had more luck with Google. That spit up a couple of images and a whole bunch of posters and promos for the movie.



That's the only one with both Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward in it. The posters are all profile view.

I hope Ms. Woodward has a lot of support and succor in her mourning.

No comments: