Wednesday, October 8, 2008

In Case You Were Curious



I used to watch this. I used to love it. My parents are nice enough not to have thrown out all my boy-dolls action figures yet. I was devastated when my local TV network stopped showing it.

I saw some more action figures in a store a while back. These weren't mint-condition original-run toys, these were new-made using the original dies. Someone retooled an entire factory to run these things off. I guess we children of the '80s are indulging our nostalgia now that we have actual consumer power. NBC just premiered a remake of Knight Rider in which Kitt can turn into all sorts of Ford vehicles, I shit you not he turned into a pickup truck just to ride the rails into a subway station for the climax of the pilot. That's about all I cared to watch, thank you.

And yes, in case you're still curious (in order of appearance): Adam, Cringer, He-Man, BattleCat, the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, Orko, Trapjaw, Mer-Man, Beastman, and Skeletor, over an indeterminate background and then Castle Greyskull. I only had to look one of those up. I'll let you guess which one.

You better believe this is going under White and Nerdy!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would cause a person just to sort of randomly raise his or her sword and cry out "By the Power of Grayskull"???