Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Whew

Big storm today around 4:00 or so.

Fortunately, I and mine suffered no reversals of fortune; I still have a household, cats, roof, job, and transportation. I suffered nothing worse than really bright sunlight reflected directly into my poor, useless eyes on my drive west and home tonight.

Some people weren't so lucky. I hear tell there's a tree down onto a house over in Powell. A couple of traffic lights weren't working on my commute. There was tree debris down all over the road, mainly pine cones, foliage and light branches.

I came upon a line crew all of a sudden, that had parked in my lane to fix the power lines. I wasn't in much danger of hitting them, but they gave me a start and an unpleasant speculation or two.

Home, safe and dry. I hope the best for everyone who got wet or worse with this squall line.

No comments: