Thursday, December 18, 2008



That is an image of the American Flag. It is not really an American Flag, if I were to print it off, it would be toner on paper, not nylon or silk, not flying on a pole.

Were I then to set it on fire, do you think people would say, "Eh, it's just an image, it's not like he really burnt a flag"? Were I a government employee, it would cause a big old scandal and I'd likely lose my job.

Apparently, were I a government employee and I mimicked groping a Senator in a sexual way, my job would still be safe. Jon Favreau is still employed by Mr. Obama, and still working away:

The job requires him to work unnoticed, even in plain view, so Jon Favreau settles into a wooden chair at a busy Starbucks in the center of Penn Quarter. Deadline looms, and he needs to write at least half a page by the end of the day. As the espresso machines whir, Favreau opens his laptop, calls up a document titled "rough draft of inaugural" and goes to work on the most anticipated speech of Barack Obama's life.


So not only has he not been disciplined for a gross display of sexual harassment and insubordinate attitude, he's working on the first speech Mr. Obama will give as President.

I salute Hillary Clinton and all other women in the federal government for persevering at their work in the face of such blatant lack of disapproval for such displays of disrespect and entitlement. I certainly wouldn't want to work under similar circumstances.

No comments: